Collection of Personal Information
To establish an account with us, we collect your personal information including, but not limited to, your:
- Social Profiles (where you elect to create an account and sign-in using LinkedIn, Facebook, Google, Twitter and other accounts);
- Contact information;
- IP address and location data;
- Website statistics and analytics data regarding your use of the site;
- Other types of raw data relating to how you interact with the Website and Service including, for example, your browser information and session duration;
- Profile photos (where you elect to upload them);
- Banking and credit card information; and
- All other information you provide on our Website or Service.
- We also collect credit card and payment information from you via our third party payment provider. Their additional terms of service and privacy policies may apply to the collection and use of your personal information. If you have questions regarding our payment processor please contact us.
The Use of Your Personal Information
The collection of your personal information may be used to:
- Promote our website and service offerings to you in various forms of communication;
- Support and improve the Website and Service we offer;
- Provide customer support;
- Communicate with you about your account;
- Bill and collect money owed to us;
- Pursue available legal remedies to us and to prosecute or defend a court, arbitration or similar proceeding;
- Send or display informational and promotional materials from us, our partners or third parties to you;
- To meet legal requirements;
- To provide information to representatives and advisors;
- To enforce compliance with any terms & conditions and applicable law; and
- Enhance our Service offerings to you and offer you related products and services,
whether by advertisements or otherwise.
The Disclosure of Your Personal Information and Access to It
We may share your personal information with our Suppliers, advertisers, partners and employees who need to use that information in connection with one or more of the purposes for which that personal information was collected.
We also operate the Websites and Service in conjunction with our independent contractors. Our independent contractors may have access to your personal information in providing you with access to the Website and Service and in the course of undertaking maintenance to the Website and Service. We may use a variety of service providers, advertisers or employees in locations both inside and outside of Canada, which may make your personal information the subject of foreign laws and foreign legal proceedings.
We may also access and/or disclose your personal information if required or permitted to do so by law (for example, in order to comply with a legal requirement including but not limited to one imposed by a warrant, subpoena, court order or like instrument served on us or in urgent circumstances to protect the life, health or security of any person).
We may also disclose your personal information to our successors (if our company or the Service is acquired by another legal entity), or any assignee of our assets relating to the Website and Service.
WHILE WE TAKE MEASURES TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, YOU AGREE THAT WE, OUR SUCCESSOR, ASSIGNS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, SUPPLIERS, DIRECTORS AND INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE LOSS OR THEFT OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED AS A RESULT THEREOF.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We keep your personal information only for as long as it is required in accordance with the purpose for which it was collected. Consequently, there is no single retention period applicable to all instances of personal information collected by us.
When any personal information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected, we destroy the personal information in a manner that takes into account the sensitivity of that information.
Our Website and Service may place a "cookie" in the browser files of your computer. The cookie itself does not contain any personally identifying information. However, the cookie may enable us to relate your use of our Website and Service to information that you have specifically and knowingly provided. By changing the settings in your web browser you can prevent cookies from being used, but doing so may interrupt the proper use of the Website and Service.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
WE ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS OR THE ACTIONS OF OTHER USERS OF THE WEBSITE AND SERVICE (WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE).
You agree to use our Website and Service in accordance with the following acceptable use and code of conduct guidelines. In particular, you agree that you:
1. Will not upload, copy, distribute, share, sell, create derivative works of, or otherwise alter or use any content, in whole or in part, for any purpose whatsoever except as expressly authorized in this acceptable use policy and the Terms;
2. Will not upload, copy, distribute, share, or otherwise use content that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, harmful, hateful, harassing, bullying, pornographic, threatening, racially or ethnically offensive or abusive, that would violate another person's rights (including their intellectual property rights), constitute or encourage a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or violate any local, state, provincial, national or international law or regulation, or that is otherwise inappropriate;
3. Will not exploit the images of children or disclose personally identifiable information belonging to others;
4. Will not upload, copy, distribute, share, or otherwise use unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, or any junk mail, spam, make money fast schemes, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation;
5. Will not upload, copy, distribute, share, or otherwise use content that contains or embodies software viruses, worms, trojan horses, bugs or any other malicious computer code that is designed to interrupt, undermine, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or communications equipment, or that is designed to perform functions on any software, hardware or equipment without the owner's express consent.
6. Will not disclose your password or transfer your account to any third party, or allow any third party to access your account.
7. Will not impersonate any person or entity.
8. Will not access the Website and Service by any means other than through the interface provided by us for use in accessing the Website and Service. This includes not using or launching any automated system including, without limitation, any spider, robot (or "bot"), scraper, or offline reader, that accesses the Service in a way that sends more request messages to our servers in a given time period than a human reasonably can produce in the same time period.
9. Will not interfere with or disrupt the Website, Service or servers or networks connected thereto, make the Service available over a network (other than our network) where it could be used by others, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service.
10. Will not use the Website or Service to artificially generate traffic or page links to a Website or for any other purpose not intended.
11. Will not collect, harvest or store any personally identifiable information, including user account information, from us.
12. Will not use the Website or Service in a way that has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
13. Will not translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify or create derivative works based on the Website or Service, in whole or in part.
14. Will not circumvent, disable, violate or otherwise interfere with any security related feature of the Website or Service.
15. Will not rent, lease, sublicense, transfer, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes any portion of the Website or Service (including, without limitation, your account information), use of the Service or access to the Service.
16. Will not use the Service to harass or "stalk" anyone.
17. Will not use your account for your own commercial purposes by sublicensing any rights granted by the Terms or, in any way, sharing the benefit of your account with others. That is, your account is non-transferrable and may only be used by you.
18. Will not upload content that exploits anyone in a sexual or violent manner or that solicits personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18.
19. Will not use the Website or Service in any way that violates the Terms, or that aids, encourages, or purports to authorize anyone else to violate the terms of this policy.
20. Will not use the service in any way that intentionally or unintentionally violates any applicable local, state, provincial, national or international law or regulation.
21. Will not employ misleading e-mail addresses or falsify information in any part of any communication;
22. Will not upload, transmit, disseminate, post, store or post links to any content that:
(a) prohibits from transmitting or posting by law, or by contractual or fiduciary relationship;
(b) facilitates hacking or unauthorized access or use of data, systems, servers or networks including any attempt to probe, scan or test for vulnerabilities, or to breach
security or authentication measures;
(c) interferes with service to any user, system or network by using flooding techniques, overloading a system or a network, staging or broadcasting an attack, or any other means resulting in a crash of a host either deliberately or by negligence;
(d) infringes on, or contributes to any infringement of, any intellectual property, material protected by copyright, trade mark, patent, trade secret or proprietary right of any party;
23. Will not use threats or implications thereof.
We reserve the right in our sole discretion to revise this policy, which shall be posted on the Website and Service.